Grade 10 student, Leanna Frasch is leading the project “Christmas in a Shoebox” (“Geschenk mit Herz”) with Mrs. Roohee Heyl this year. This project, which is sponsored by the non-profit organization Humedica, aims to bring some joy to less fortunate children around the world.
As in the past seven years, once again we are reaching out to all FIS families and staff to support this year’s collection. We are asking for donations of Christmas gift-wrapping paper, and most importantly, gifts* to fill the shoeboxes.
In particular, we are looking for the following new items to fill the shoeboxes:
- Small toys to fit into a shoebox (e.g. balls, puzzles, play-dough, jump ropes, cars, dolls). No war-related toys, please.
- Small cuddly toys
- Coloring pencils/markers
- Notebooks and drawing paper
- Pencils, erasers, sharpeners and pens
- Hats, gloves/mittens, and scarves
- Hygiene products (e.g. toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap, shampoo)
- Brushes/combs and hair accessories (e.g. hair clips and ties)
- Sweets (expiration date of July 2018 or later). No chocolate, please.
* For age ranges: 2 to 4, 5 to 8 or 9 to 12 years.
Please leave the donations in the designated boxes in the foyer of the main FIS building. Everyone is also welcome to fill their own shoeboxes at home. Please consult the guidelines in “How to pack a Christmas shoebox”.
Collections will end on Tuesday, October 24. We thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Heyl at or Grade 10 student, Leanna Frasch at .