The Franconian International School accepts students regardless of race, sex, religion, nationality or ethnic background:
- of the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region in northern Bavaria.
- of a limited number of local / German parents who want their children educated in a multicultural environment. German native speakers joining the school are expected to have some knowledge of the English language. Preference will be given to those children with an international background or who have lived abroad or are going abroad with their parents in the future.
The FIS reserves the right to refuse admission to students who it feels will not benefit from, or contribute to the educational program.
- The FIS dedicates itself to meet the educational needs of all students. Applications will be reviewed carefully by the Admissions Committee to ensure that services offered at the school align with individual students´ needs. In the case of the FIS being unable to provide an appropriate educational program and adequate resources to meet an individual student´s exceptionality, admission will be denied and recommendations towards the best possible alternative placement in the region can be provided.
- The language of instruction at the FIS is English. Families whose mother tongue is not English are expected to be committed to their child ́s learning of English.
- Parents of students who are enrolled at the school automatically become members of the Franconian International School e.V..
- Because of the academic demands in Secondary School, all applicants whose mother tongue is not English, must demonstrate sufficient academic English language skills to be able to cope with the level of academic language comprehension and production required in their classes.