Our team is all set to once again start working on one of our students’ favorite projects: Christmas in a Shoebox!
“…inspiring students to become well-rounded citizens committed to the service of humanity” is our FIS Mission and the shoebox appeal is an ideal opportunity to demonstrate this principle as a whole community.
As in the past, we’ll collect gift items, pack them in gift wrapped shoeboxes and send them to be distributed to the less fortunate children worldwide through the organization “Humedica”. Some of the boxes will be distributed locally as well.
If you haven’t seen the “Journey of a Shoebox in 3 minutes“, it’s worth watching.
If you would like to continue supporting us, we’d be grateful if you could
- Buy some items* listed below when you go shopping and send them to us through your child/ren
- Gift wrap a shoebox and send it to us through your child/ren (how to wrap a shoebox).
*age ranges 3-6, 7-10, 11-14 years
We are looking for new:
- Toys (small enough to fit into a shoebox for shoe size 38 to 40) – balls, puzzles, play- doh, jump ropes, cars, dolls, small cuddly toys, etc. (no war toys, please);
- Coloring pens/pencils, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens;
- Hats, gloves, scarves, socks, jumpers;
- Toothbrush with toothpaste, soap, hair brushes, clips, combs;
- Sweets – (expiry date July 2022) – no chocolates, please.
Our collection will run until Friday, October 29, 2021. Donations are collected at the FIS. We would love to involve the local community and any businesses that are interested in donating. Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Christmas in a Shoebox CAS Group