Sports, Wellbeing and Life Skills – How Athletes“Tick” and What We Can Learn for Education
Join us for a fun and inspiring evening on Tuesday, February 12, at 19:00, as we explore the links between sport and learning in an interactive exchange with accomplished athletes including:
- Felix Dimaczek – FIS alumni and tennis player
- Pierre Stöth – FIS Facilities Manager and Ironman triathlete
- Duncan Woods – South African water polo team captain
- Kate Woods – South African three-time Olympian in field hockey
- Nikos Zisis – Greek Olympian and Brose Baskets Basketballer
- Thomas Egerton – Keen sportsman.
Board member Andrew Walker will be guiding us through the evening as we gain insight on questions like:
- How does sport impact our daily lives?
- What do we do when faced with the temptation to cheat or dope?
- How do we deal with what’s written about us in social media?
- What role does technology play in sports and education?
- How do we handle setbacks like injury and failures?
- What can the FIS learn from the world of sports?
Come to the school Aula to meet some very interesting personalities and share your own experiences. Doors open at 18:30. They’ll be refreshments and finger food, too. To get the numbers right for our catering, we need you to RSVP.
I look forward to seeing you there.