The FIS Counseling Team would like to (re-)introduce ourselves, as we welcome Anita Almond back to school as the Grade 6-10 Counselor this school year. The Counseling Team is here for all students, working in particular to encourage their discovery and growth of self-awareness, determination for success, and capacity for building and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Individual & small group counseling, within a confidential space
- Crisis counseling
- Mediation and advocacy
- Social and emotional learning program development
Counselors work with students on:
- Building focus and concentration
- Adjusting through transitions
- Building a vision for success, now and in the future
- Building communication tools
- Managing emotions (stress, worry, anger, etc.)
- Personal and interpersonal concerns
We are also always available to speak with parents and carers about social, emotional, and academic-related themes. Please feel free to be in contact with us at any time.
We look forward to connecting over the course of the school year!
Your FIS Counselors
Jasmina Dzafic, Primary Counselor
Anita Almond, Secondary Counselor, Grades 6-10
Michelle Ang, Head of Student Wellbeing & Secondary Counselor, Grades 11-12