Parents of students in Grades 5 through 8 are invited to two workshops conducted by Allison Ochs. Allison is a social worker/pedagogue, author, lecturer, teacher, and consultant.
The workshops will include themes to help parents understand their children, their online space, and what they can do to help them navigate it. There will be time for discussion and questions in each workshop.
Some of the potential takeaways are:
- greater understanding for your children and the virtual world they spend time in;
- understanding warning signs of a child in need and what to do;
- ideas to start conversations with your children and keep the lines of communication open;
- a space to ponder on these issues with a group of motivated parents and get feedback and ideas;
- ideas on how to keep your children safe, balanced and harmonious in your home.
The sessions are planned on the following two Thursdays, March 17 and March 24, 2022, at 18:00. We hope to see many of you there.