As most of you are probably already aware, as from Monday, April 27, we will have to wear a face mask when visiting shops, on public transport and maybe soon even while at school.
Since we are a responsible and environmentally friendly community, we thought to share some tips on how to be savvy and make the best of using and making reusable face masks.
Below, we summarized some recommendations from the WHO on how to use face masks as well as tutorials from the CDC on how to make a reusable face mask. Feel free to awaken the artist in you and design an individualized and original piece of protection.
Cloth face coverings should:
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- cover the mouth and nose
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
- washed daily on 60 degrees
Here is a simple experiment for the scientists among our students: If you want to test the efficacy of the fabric used, try to spray water through the mask on a mirror. Make sure you clean the mirror afterwards, so your mom doesn’t get mad 😊
Have fun being creative and we are looking forward to your pictures!
Keti and Hannah