Here and Now, There and Then – Home Country and Host Country
We had a lot of fun on Thursday, November 29, celebrating our learning.
During this unit, we learned how to:
- use appropriate techniques to gather information (Geography).
- find out about aspects of the past from a range of sources (History).
We shared many items with our enthusiastic visitors:
- Posters from our Entry Point “My Home Country”
- Persuasive writing brochures – “My Home Country”
- Information writing i.e. newspaper report “Our IPC Visit to the Freilandmuseum”
- “Our Host Country” presentations (Google Slides group project)
- “Our Home Country” presentations (Google Slides / PowerPoint individual project)
- Our national costumes
- Food and snacks from our “Home Countries”
Throughout this unit, there were many opportunities for us to develop our ‘IPC – Personal Goals’:
Many thanks to everyone who supported us throughout this unit of enquiry.
Grade 5 Students