With the beginning of the new school year, our GISST program 2018/2019 also starts. The training sessions in Cross Country, Football and Varsity Volleyball will begin already next week. Our regular Badminton and Swimming trainings will have a later start mid of September.
To register your child to participate in the Sports Program (GISST), please go to the Parent Portal and click on the “sports” icon. You can sign your child up for any sport regardless of the time of year the sport is offered. Please note that during the regular season there are two training sessions per week (with exception of Swimming), and students are required to attend all of them (i.e. both scheduled team practices in one week).
You will receive an invoice at the end of the season for each sports category that you signed up for. Prices can be found on the Parent Portal.
For a successful registration for any of GISST sports categories the following forms are required:
- Athletic Agreement
- GISST Medical Release Form
- GISST Student Athlete Data Protection Agreement
The forms could be found under “Forms” on the Sports page.
GISST Registration Fee
This school year GISST registration fee will be raised to 100.00 EUR per sport category for a regular season. Luckily, we could keep the price for all pre-season activities at 37.50 EUR. The increase in price for the regular season has been necessary due to increased accommodation costs related to difficulties when hosting visiting athletes. Thank you for your understanding.
Please find more GISST information including the training and tournament schedule on the Sports page as well.
Interschool (Grade 2 to 5)
GISST sporting events are only for students in Grades 5 to 12 however, there are two Interschool competitions, which GISST organizes for our younger students in Grade 2 to 5 in Cross Country and Swimming. This year we are planning to enter a team in both of these events.
- Interschool Cross Country in Berlin on October 5 and 6, 2018
- Interschool Swimming in Frankfurt on April 5 to 6, 2019
Training is available for these sports and parents can sign students up for this via the Parent Portal. The training will begin as follows:
- Interschool (Grades 2 to 5) Cross Country, with coach Thomas, Monday and Wednesday from August 27 to October 24, 2018, from 15:45 to 16:45
- Interschool (Grades 2 to 5) Swimming, with coaches Asger, Ms. Prest and Mrs. Eckersley, Friday from September 21 to June 28, 2019, from 14:30 to 15:15 or from 15:15 to 16:00 at the University pool
If you would like further details, please get in touch.
U14 and Varsity
Welcome back to all our sporty students! The fall season will start in the upcoming weeks, as follows:
- U14 Cross Country, Tuesday, August 28, from 15:45 to 17:15 with Mrs. Lohwasser
- Varsity Cross Country, Monday, August 27, 15:45 to 17:15 with coach Carole and Mr. Dubbe
- U14 Girls, Monday, August 27, from 16:00 to 17:30 with Ms. Chiodo
- U14 Boys, Monday, August 27, from 16:00 to 17:30 with Mr. Hyde
- Varsity Girls, Tuesday, August 28, from 16:00 to 17:30 with Ms. Francis
- Varsity Boys, Tuesday, August 28, from 16:00 to 17:30 with Mr. Hartwright
- Varsity Girls, Tuesday, August 28, from 16:00 to 17:30 with Mr. H (TRY-OUTS)
- Varsity Boys, Tuesday, August 28, from 16:00 to 17:30 with coach Sirpa
- U14 team, Monday, September 10, from 16:00 to 17:30 with coach Daniel
- Varsity team, Monday, September 10, from 16:00 to 17:30 with coach Elias
- U14 and Varsity team, Monday, September 17, from 16:00 to 17:00 with coach Asger and Ms. Prest
Hosting GISST Tournaments at the FIS
This school year we will be hosting two GISST tournaments here at the FIS:
- Varsity Girls Volleyball, November 23 to 25, 2018
- U14 Boys Volleyball, May 16 to 18, 2019
For all families involved in the GISST program and any other lovely families that like to help out, please keep these dates free! We kindly ask all FIS families to help us with hosting visiting students for two nights. If you have any spare beds and are willing to help, please get in touch with our GISST housing coordinator Mrs. Chaveriat at .
If you would like any further information or if you have any questions about the GISST program, please feel free to come and see me in the “green” PE office (FIS box 2.047) or alternatively send me an email at . I will also be available at the Middle School and High School Parent Information Evenings.
The GISST program would not be possible without your support so a huge thank you in advance to everyone who is involved!