Unbelievably, this is the eighth year of our “Christmas in a Shoebox” appeal! “Inspiring students to become well-rounded citizens committed to the service of humanity” is our mission and the shoebox appeal is the ideal chance to demonstrate this principle as a whole community.
We collect gift items, pack them in gift-wrapped shoeboxes and send them to be distributed with the organization Humedica. For the past two years, we have expanded our project by sharing some of the shoeboxes within the local community as well, i.e. the refugees and local children in need. If you haven’t seen the “Journey of a shoebox in 3 minutes”, it’s worth watching.
If you would like to continue supporting us, this is how you can:
- Buy some presents when you go shopping with your child(ren) and send them to us
- Gift wrap a shoebox with your children and send it to us
We are looking for the following new items, suitable for children ages 3 to 6, 7 to 10 or 11 to 14:
- Toys small enough to fit into a shoebox e.g. balls, puzzles, play-doh, jump ropes, cars, dolls, etc. (no war toys)
- Small cuddly toys
- Colouring pens/pencils
- Writing pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens
- Hats, gloves, scarves, socks
- Toothbrush with toothpaste, soaps (no liquids)
- Hair accessories e.g. brushes, clips, combs
- Sweets except for chocolate (expiry date July 2020)
Our collection will run until Friday, October 26. Donations are collected at the FIS. We would love to involve the local community and any businesses that are interested in donating. Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your support!
CAS students and Roohee Heyl