I am happy to announce that this school year 2021-22, we will again be able to offer a variety of sporting activities within the GISST program. Following the governmental regulations, and in addition to the general FIS Safety and Hygiene Protocol, we put in place activity-specific measures to ensure as safe as possible training conditions for our athletes and coaches.
Although there is still some uncertainty related to a competitive aspect of the GISST Sports Program, we will start our trainings regularly in September. Please see below for particular starting days for each of Fall season sports:
- U14 Boys and Girls Football – September 6
- Varsity Boys and Girls Football – September 7
- Grades 2-5 Cross Country – September 6
- U14 Cross Country – September 7
- Varsity Cross Country – September 6
- Varsity Boys and Girls Volleyball – September 7
- Grades 2-5 Swimming (intermediate/advanced level) – September 17
- U14 and Varsity Swimming – September 20
- U14 and Varsity Badminton – September 20
- Prep-season U14 Boys and Girls Volleyball – September 20
- Prep-season U14 Boys and Girls Basketball – September 23
- Prep-season Varsity Boys and Girls Basketball – September 21
The online registration will open on Friday, August 27 at 17:00 and will close on Friday, September 3 at 9:00. To register your child to participate in the FIS Sports Program (GISST), please go to the FIS Parent Portal and click on the “Booking Activities” icon. You can sign up your child for any sport offered to her/his grade level this Fall season. Admission to any training group will only be possible for those students registered beforehand.
Please note that for some sports (Cross Country, Football, Basketball, Varsity Volleyball), this is a regular season and there are two training sessions per week offered. It is strongly recommended to attend both trainings, and you are kindly asked to register online for both days if possible. The new training schedule is posted under the “Sports” section on the website.
At the same time, we offer some prep-season trainings that will take place only once a week.
You will receive an invoice at the end of the season for each sport category that you signed up for. Prices can be found on the Parent Portal.
GISST Registration Fee
The GISST registration fee remains the same this school year, i.e. € 100 total per sport category for a regular season (two trainings per week), and € 37,50 for all pre-season activities.