Come and study the human figure through the principles of structure and gesture drawing. In this course you will learn the form and structure of the human body through references of classical art, including an introduction to basic anatomy, plus also loosen your drawing skills through swifter sketches to build motion and life into your figurative art.
Parents please note: Towards the end of the course we may be drawing from a partly clothed life model – an extra fee will be requested for the model based on the amount of students participating.
- Graphite Pencils – H, HB, B, 2B, and optional softer range 3B – 6B
- Black Charcoal, Pastel or Conte pencil – suggested brands: Conte a Paris B or 2B; Stabillo CarbOthello 1400/750; Faber Castell Pitt Medium or Soft
- Kneaded Art Eraser – best brand Faber Castell
- Retractable Knife (will be used to sharpen pastel and charcoal pencils)
- Sandpaper (Grade 200 to 300)
- Pencil sharpener
- A3 Newsprint pad (preferable – if not available an A3 Sketch pad)
Optional materials: Colored Pastel Pencils
- Sequin: CarbOthello #645 or Faber Castell Pitt Pastel #192
- Bister: CarbOthello #635
- White: CarbOthello #100